Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Making My Way to the GOMA


GOMA 1
Originally uploaded by sasseymills.
GOMA = Gallery of Modern Art.

http://www.glasgowmuseums.com/venue/index.cfm?venueid=3

This is where I set out to go today, and I did make it..... eventually. As you can see up at the top of the picture it was another clear sunny day, but the loss of the cloud cover meant a big drop in temperature. Today it was officially cold. I think the high was only 6 degrees and currently as I type this it's 2 degrees.

So I stepped out the door all layered up with my gloves and scarf and as soon as I made it to the pedestrian mall on Sauchiehall Street I started ducking into stores to try and warm up. But for some reason the stores here feel the need to keep the doors propped open so on entering it was still cold and very drafty. It amazes me that I am still seeing people walking around in T-shirts and tank tops, crazy.

Now that it is November 1st all the shops have put up their Christmas decorations and one store was actually playing Christmas Music. As I sit and reflect on that, I know that for me this will be a very weird Christmas. I'm used to having the small celebration at home, but there is always such a build up to the season with the Choir Program at Bethany and the Readings at the SITN service (my favourite). I'm trying not to get too down about it but it will be strange that's for sure. I hope I've gotten to make a few connections with people by then and that Brenda and I will have a place to call our own. I had mentioned to her today that in 2 separate stores I saw a black Christmas tree.... tempting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you are joking about the black Christmas tree !!!!!!