Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Old Habits Die Hard

Well it didn't take long that's all I can say.

I didn't leave the office until close to 8PM tonight. Reports needed to be run, a letter drafted but I did take a lunch today and I actually managed to eat my sandwich. I had 3 1/2 staff off today which meant I had to help out with phones and forgo my scheduled training.

I needed to pick up some groceries on the way home so by the time dinner was finally on the table it was after 9PM and I'm only in my 2nd week. I don't know whether to feel revitalized by the challenge or curl up in a little ball thinking I've made a huge mistake.

I think things will get better after the new year. Only 2 weeks in and already I'm looking forward to the holiday break. But to be fare there are a few people that I work with that have been great and offering me lots of help and answering my 1001 questions of the day and trying to keep me in the loop. It's just been so long since I've had to learn a new job that it's all a bit overwhelming. And even though it's with the same company, procedures and protocols are not the same. I had to figure out how to use a letter template tonight, something that in Vancouver an AA would have done. Here I have less support but more responsibility.

I just need some time and then I'm sure my instincts will kick in again. Still, it was awful nice being on vacation for 2 months. But until I become independently wealthy or find my sugar Daddy I need the paycheque.

Still no Christmas tree, just didn't get home in time.

No comments: