Monday, December 04, 2006

Happy Feet


Today's post is dedicated to Josh Gemmell.


At the suggestion of a friend I headed off to the Dennistoun area along Duke Street. My mission... to take pictures. I felt bad that I'd been slacking on that area for a while so I made up for it today. The sky was ever changing between black clouds, rain, brilliant sun and even a rainbow. I wandered through many different architectural styles and even came across a pink elephant or 3.


Stopped in at the Tapa Coffee & Bake House for a cup of tea and a bite to eat. Once I placed my order, sat down and looked out the window the rain started so my timing was perfect. I must go back there as the cup of tea I had was wonderful and I'd like to purchase some for my home brewing pleasure but can't remember the name of it.


On my way back I stopped in at the GOMA and walked through all the galleries as last time I was there I only managed the main floor. When I was done the sky was already darkened and the Christmas lights were on. Another opportunity to take a night shot. I'm really happy with the results.


Feel free to check out the photos I took today (and every day) on my Flickr page.
As to the Happy Feet reference? I'm sure my feet will be anything but come tomorrow morning. Oh well, I need to get my Christmas cards done anyway.


Simon - thanks for the suggestions, it was a great day!


Oh and for those that haven't heard yet - I got the call from the office this afternoon. I start work Monday December 11th.

No comments: