Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Modern Architecture

Today was all about seeing the new Glasgow. I hopped the SPT to Cessnock station and walked to the Science Centre to start the day.

It looks like something from a Lunar Base Camp. It was a beautiful clear day with lots of sun. The buildings are metal so I had fun playing with the reflections.

Another building that compliments the Science Centres is the SECC - Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre or the Armadillo as it's nicknamed.



When I was done with the Science Centre (I did catch an IMAX film in 3D no less for a bit of a break) I crossed the River Clyde and just started walking. There is an extensive walking/cycle trail that follows the river for approx 70 KM. It reminded me very much of the seawall in Vancouver. Most of the building down on the riverfront is very modern in contrast with the Victorian architecture in city centre.

Also all along the river are numerous vehicle and pedestrian bridges. I have seen book in the tourist shops on the bridges of the River Clyde. In time I'll look up the info then I'll properly be able to label the photos.

Today (or this week really) has been about taking lots of pictures and playing with the camera. I'm trying to recognize good lighting when I see it or interesting compositions. Lastly, it's about following through when I hear that little voice in my head that says: "That might make an interesting shot".

For those that don't know, I post all my pictures (well most of them, I don't post the awful ones) on Flickr. So just click on the link and that will take you to them. Feel free to leave comments on them as well. I'm always interested in what other people have to say.

No comments: