Monday, October 16, 2006

My Last Sunday

Yes it's getting down to the wire now. My last Sunday before I leave. It was a fairly emotional day and I must be honest the tears kind of caught me off guard.

In the morning I attended the service at Westside and pretty much cried all the way through it. Then when it came time to saying my goodbyes the floodgates opened again. Man, this emotions thing really sucks at times. I was able to compose myself to the point of being able to go out in public and had a wonderful brunch with my friend Michelle at Locus on Main & King Edward. They do make a wonderful Huevos Rancheros.

The evening was my last Songs In The Night service and I was prepared with stashes of Kleenex in all pockets but I ended up not needing them. I guess I got all the tears out of my system in the morning. It was a great service (as always) and afterwards we headed to Dentry's for Family Dinner. It was Paul's birthday the day before so here he is raising a toast. The burger, fries and Guinness were all superb and the company was great. Lots of hugs and kisses as everyone left, but no tears - which is a good thing. Guys get all weirded out when girls start to cry (or so I'm told).

You are all a great bunch of friends (even the new guy).

No comments: