Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Fancy Dining with Tupperware

The challenge with selling all your possessions is at some point you have to start improvising with what you have left.

I sold all my stoneware dishes on the weekend to some UBC students from Germany (they got such a deal). So each evening when I make my dinner I need to decide what I'm going to eat on. Last night it was the china. Tonight I decided to use my Tupperware.

As you can see, even though the dishes were 'common' the dinner was anything but. A nice glass of an Italian Pinot Grigio, some kalamata olives and a pasta primavera on sun-dried tomato & basil spaghattini with fresh basil and parmesan.

I am a damn fine cook if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

clippmcgraw said...

Chris, fine dining has nothing to do with the dishes that you use but with the food prepared. You have the inherited love of fine food and the knowledge to prepare it well. Good luck on your adventure to Glasgow.