Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy Hogmanay

It's 4:08AM as I write this and I'm completely wired.

The big Hogmanay plans in George Square got cancelled on account of the 70 mph winds and driving rain that decided to kick up in the late afternoon. But that didn't affect Brenda and I as we were invited to a house party at Charlie & Dot's.

It was a good evening spent with some new friends.

I warned you I'd post the picture ;>)


The festivities revolved around good food, wine, a table football (Foosball) tournament with the kids (I played very badly)
















a whisky at midnight and I think I had a few too many shortbread cookies - but they were so yummy. Later on, a few of us sat in the lounge by the Christmas tree and Charlie & Simon pulled out the guitars.




They played a few Canadian tunes that I should have known the lyrics to but just couldn't (I'm embarrassed to admit that). But still, I did so enjoy listening to the boys play.

The evening was brought to a close with my getting my butt whipped in a one on one Foosball match with Simon before finally calling it a night.

Happy New Year to you all.

No comments: