Monday, July 09, 2007

Monday Night

Got out of the office a little after 6 tonight, which is pretty good for me. Stopped on the way home to pick up some veggies and yogurt. Cooked a good dinner, 4 cheese ravioli with a cream white wine sauce and sauteed veggies and prawns. Not very calorie conscious but tasty.

I was supposed to be meeting up with a friend at the pub later but I got a text asking to reschedule to the weekend.

So here I sit, listening to a very annoying car alarm that has been going on and on since I got home. I sincerely hope it is turned off by the time I need to go to bed.

I've got the TV turned to BBC4 on in the background. There's a series on about The Women's' Institutes Denman College. The episode is comprised of women that are attending the College (it's more of a retreat centre really) giving their stories.

Currently there is the sweetest little old gray haired lady and her story is so sad. Her first husband had an affair and divorced her, then her second marriage to a persistent suitor (or stalker as they call it now) resulted in mental & physical abuse and then her spending time in an asylum where under Dr's orders she was not returned to her marital home but to her parents.

Here is a sweet woman, 2 failed marriages, has been through hell and back and still smiling and trying to building up her self esteem.

The last quote I caught while typing this is her saying "You go through life and think it's the end of the world and it's not. It's not. It's just Nearly the end" and she burst into joyous laughter.

Wow.

No comments: