Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Return of the Migrane

Yesterday afternoon I felt it creeping up. I took a wander down to Boots Pharmacy and had a chat with the chemist. You can buy a little item called Paramol which is paracetamol (aka Tylenol) and a codeine derivative. It seemed to be enough to take the edge off and by the end of the work day I was feeling better.

But my day was not quite over yet. As we had another visitor to the office from our South England branch so I had to entertain him in the evening and so took him out for a nice meal. Half way through dinner I could tell things in my head were not going well. By the time I got home I was hurtin'

I tossed and turned all night, my stomach was churning and I was in lots of pain. Note to self, need to buy a gel pack to put in the freezer. I woke up this morning, or rather I arose out of my bed not having slept a wink feeling like death. Had this been any other week I would have called in sick. But I'm already down one employee due to holidays, plus our visitor was still there for another day's training so I had no one to defer to.

Then I had a rehearsal after work at church as our team is up for the Sunday evening service. As this is the first rehearsal it wouldn't look good to miss it.

So rehearsal is done, I'm home and curled up in bed. I don't want to take any more drugs at the moment as I'm still feeling quite nauseous. I just need some sleep, and a day with no stress.

And a neck rub, that would help too.

1 comment:

John Taylor said...

By my reckoning it's about 2:30 in the afternoon there - so I hope you're feeling better by now and have made it through the day (so far) relatively unscathed.
Just wanted to let you know that I saw the previews for "Hot Fuzz" and it opens here in a couple of weeks.
Can't wait!!