Saturday, April 28, 2007

Holiday - Day 4

Today was the official 'down time' day. We did a lot of walking on Friday doing the Royal Mile & all, so the folks were feeling a bit tuckered. The morning was fairly lazy, catching up on emails, loading pictures to the flickr site, picking up some groceries. Mom stayed back at the flat and had a long soak in the tub to soothe her weary legs and feet while Dad and I did the errands.

By the time we came back Mom was feeling a bit better so I twisted her arm and took her into city centre to have Afternoon Tea at the Willow Tea Room. I witnessed my Mother attempt to eat the worlds biggest meringue with fresh cream (she only managed half). There was a new gallery open in the Tea Room with a mini-exhibit on the Glasgow Style that she found interesting.

Once tea was over and done with I then took her to the Food Hall at Marks & Spencer's. My mother loves checking out grocery stores in a new town to see what's new and different. She was quite impressed with the huge selection of ready made meals. It's true, if you have a Marks & Spencer close buy you never need to cook. We saw many a bachelor & student filling their basket with pre-cooked meals. (it just seems like cheating to me).

After that cultural experience I then took her down Sauchiehall and Buchanan street to look at the architecture. By the time we got to St Enoch station her feet had pretty much had enough.

Nothing too exciting going on in the evening other than roasting a chicken that wasn't quite thawed out yet so it took forever to finish cooking.

I hate it when that happens.

No comments: