Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Almost Time To Come Home


I am just so tired. This weekend has been a bit of a whirlwind trip, trying to mash in as much I can in what little time I had.

Every time I do a bit of travelling I swear my feet will never be the same again. I just want to crawl into bed and sleep for a week to recover. But today I must sit in a meeting room without access to natural light or fresh air. I can feel the yawns developing already.

I need to head back into Chichester again tonight. Navigating the tube & trains with all the stairs and my big lumbering suitcase & backpack will not be fun. And it should be right around rush hour (such fun!). I'd think of staying in London for a few more hours to let it all pass but to be honest I just want to be in my bed as soon as possible. But who knows, maybe I'll find a second wind.

So, what exactly have I done this weekend? I've been to the Tate Modern, St Paul's Cathedral, walked along the Thames, watched the movie Hot Fuzz, been to the National Gallery, wandered around Harrod's, had bangers and mash in a wonderful pub full of character , toured the Tower of London and finished off in the British Museum. Have I mentioned my feet hurt?

The lighting conditions have not been the greatest for the weekend so I didn't go crazy with the photography thing but there is the odd shot I'm very happy with. I've posted them already to my flickr site but won't get a chance to label them until the weekend. But feel free to take a look around.

Another 36 hrs and I'm finally be home and can start to do laundry.

1 comment:

D J E and M Huber said...

Chris,

That church picture is exceptionally good! Great work.

-DH