Friday, January 09, 2009

Lagos, Portual - The Arrival (Saturday)

The craziness is finally over.

I finished up at work, got myself moved to Edinburgh and now it's a weeks holiday in Lagos, Portugal before I start the new job. Perfect... except during the last hour of the flight I started sneezing uncontrollably. I tell myself it must be an allergic reaction to something. But once we'd landed and during and after the 50 minute drive to Lagos I was still sneezing and feeling even worse.

I had popped some decongestants in my meds bag last minute so I take one before heading to bed. Why is it that if the box says one tablet every 6 hours they always stop working in hour 4? In the morning I look horrible, can't breathe, head pounding and I'm on holiday and the sun is shining - ARGH!!!

Still I suppose if I'm going to be sick I might as well be sick on vacation. I'm crossing my fingers that this will just be a quick straight forward head cold and I can nip it in the bud. As it's Sunday pretty much everything will be closed anyway. It just burns me that it's so nice outside and I'm stuck inside wrapped up in my flannel pyjamas, hooded sweat shirt and a heavy blanket trying to stay warm.

But if I'm honest with myself, I'm not surprised. This is probably my bodies reaction to all the stress I've been going through in the last month. Too many big changes over too short a period of time. No time to be sick so as usual my body waits until I have a moments rest. Sadly that moment happens to be while I'm in Portugal.

Life can be cruel.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Ah, Chris, that does suck. Maybe if it's sunny today you can lie in the sun for a couple of hours and fry that damn cold right outta ya!