Friday, August 03, 2007

AND she sings too!

Back in November 2003 on a Saturday afternoon I got together with a friend I collaborated musically with and we decided to have a little recording session for posterity's sake. Now 4 1/2 years later I look upon that afternoon with bittersweet memories.

I thought the two of us sounded amazing together. It was weird how our voices just fit. I attempted my hand at playing guitar but could never really hold my own with him. I'm just ka-chunking in the background while he does all the fancy finger work.

Still, I think it was a good tune and I'm happy with the end result. We spent most of the day recording in my basement suite. Some tunes worked well, others took a couple of takes before we got it right. One tune even had a guest appearance by one of my cats.

My Dad's been working for the last while trying to edit the video we took and sinking it up with the CD master. It's a work in progress but he's retired now, so he's got the free time ;>)

But now I'm in Glasgow and have yet to find another musician I can collaborate with. I miss that part of my life.



In case you're wondering, the tune is By The Mark, by Gillian Welch off her album Revival.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I really liked this. Your voices did really go well together.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're both great. Here's hoping you find someone to collaborate with soon!

Anonymous said...

loved it!

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome! We are loving having you as part of the worship team. When people comment how great the singers sounded, you are always there in the mix!

BoardToCertainDeath said...

Awesome - wd love to hear more!

John Taylor said...

Brilliant!

Squirmy Popple said...

Great singing!

Anonymous said...

What a great piece. Loved the bare bones setting and the song, your voices, so very nice. Beautiful, really.

Anonymous said...

It didn't suck.

The Radke's said...

Listening to this does bring back memories of the morning service from time to time. I hope you find someone there to sing with also, or I guess you'll have to come visit and drag Paul out again. You both sounded great. Miss you, J