Monday, April 20, 2009

Today (Saturday) is brought to you by the colour red

It was a very grey day when I was getting ready to head out the door. So grey that I almost didn't take my camera. I find Edinburgh extremely hard to take photos of when the clouds roll in. The buildings are grey stone and black so not much going on in terms of a colour palate.

Went to the National Gallery of Scotland to check out the big Turner Exhibit. They'd laid new lawn in Princes Street Gardens and with the trees sprouting new leaves it had a very green vibe going on.




However, there seemed to be an awful lot of red in the area. Something was afoot...











A little pre drumming pep talk and warm up. There was lots of wiggling going on too but that doesn't really translate well in this shot.



Just after I took that shot a guy (also with a camera) walked over to me and we had a bit of a chat. He wasn't an observer like me, he was with the group and handed me a flyer on an upcoming event they were going to be participating in up on Calton Hill . In checking out the website I'm thinking these are the Red Beastie Drummers.

And so it begins

Wasn't expecting the dancers.





5 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Eburgh does tend to be a bit gray and hard to photograph in grim weather -- but it really shines when the sun is out. Nice bits of red help.

The dancing is... nontraditional?

David T. Macknet said...

How cool!

(T - I'm thinking that it must be nontraditional: can you imagine somebody in a kilt squatting down like that? Shiver.)

Michelloui said...

Wow, the red was a good choice for the drummers/dancers--no doubt a conscious choice given the probability of a grey day! What a good find for a photographer. I like the tag 'crazy dancing woman in her underwear'!

Anonymous said...

Very cool. So glad you had your camera.

Furniture Repairs Rialto said...

Great blog posst