Tuesday, April 07, 2009

About that wedding

I mentioned a while back that I had shot my first wedding. Something I swore I would never do. I'm not trying to be one of 'those' photographers. I'm not into doing portraits. I prefer to photograph strange things like abandoned chairs, elevetor shafts in art gallerys and my sneakers.

But they asked so nicely.

The challenge for me was going to be shooting what I want vs what I think they will want. But then the whole point of asking me to do this was because they liked the way I see things through my camera.

I tossed and turned the week leading up to this. I was really worried that the day was going to be a disaster, that something would go horribly wrong.

However, I think things went pretty well. These are some of my favorite shots from the day.



















6 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Ohhh, Chris.
Well done, you. STUNNING.

David T. Macknet said...

Very nice shots, Chris. Very personal, spontaneous, and intimate. Nice job!

D18 said...

The more I look at these, the more I like them. There is a beautiful softness and warmth to the colour and tone not to mention the unique perspectives you've captured.

While you may not prefer it I think you should consider doing more informal portrait stuff.

Michelloui said...

Truly beautiful photographs! Im with D18, you should consider doing more weddings--you could really add something to the otherwise uninspiring wedding photography area. I'd like to add you to my blog list, if thats ok? I like looking at your photos!

Chris said...

Hi Michelloui - thank you very much for the kind words on my work. No worries about adding me to your list, link away :)

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful photographs. Nice work!