Tuesday, October 06, 2009

and now begins the winter of our discontent

Out came the long sleeved black turtleneck
An extra blanket on the bed
Sleeping in a long sleeved T-shirt and flannel bottoms
Having to wear gloves when I go outside
Trying to find my hat somewhere in the depths of my closet
Seeing my breath on my walk to work in the morning
Having difficulty standing upright when the winds blow
Curling up under a wool blanket on the sofa

And I had to turn to boiler on

It's only the first week in October...

4 comments:

Peggy said...

There have been reports of snow in Manitoba. Life in the north is never fun at this time of year.

David T. Macknet said...

Yep. We've had the boiler on for quite awhile, actually. Of course, now that I've caulked the windows closed....

Anonymous said...

Hi, what a beautiful blog you have! We moved in Glasgow three months ago (from Spain) and like it here. We don't have the boiler on yet. Even if it's cold outside our flat is quite nice (20C), new and well insulated. We will visit again. Bye bye! Anna y Pablo

Unknown said...

Are you short heightened and facing difficulties due to it?If yes,than get precious tips and advise on increase in height by Dr. Darwin Smith author of Grow Taller 4 Idiots program.