Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Wedding

This past Saturday I photographed a wedding. I've never done anything like that before and to be honest I tried to talk the couple out of getting me to do it. I mean I don't take people pictures. But they weren't having any of it and insisted. So I gave it the old college try.

I can't show you any of the shots just yet as the couple gets to see them first and they are currently on their honeymoon. I'm mostly happy with the outcome and am down right proud of a few shots. But as expected there were a few clunkers as well. I've only had my DSLR since Christmas so I'm still figuring it all out.

It was a spectacular day though, blue sky, daffodils everywhere and the location was on the shore of Loch Lomand.

Nice

So I'm busy at the moment sorting through the 241 shots I took trying to figure out what stays what goes and what needs editing. As of this evening I've only got 145 more shots to do and 4 days to do them.

My brain hurts.

2 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

Did you shoot them in raw format? If so, you can still take advantage of 1-shot HDR by rendering out 3 (or 5) .jpg's, at underexposed by 2 stops, correctly exposed, and overexposed by 2 stops, then blending them with Photomatix. That may be able to pull off some awesomeness that is difficult, particularly in high contrast situations (like a black tux and a white dress).

Chris said...

Yes I shot in raw, but I'm not a huge fan of HDR to be honest.